Your Nav Bar Here

Monday, July 12, 2010

Product Review: MAC Face and Body Foundation


As a lifelong devotee to MAC I have always worn either the Studio Fix Fluid or the Select SPF. However, living in a hot and dry climate 75% of the year, I found that my skin overproduced oil when it came to BOTH of my beloved foundations. I have tried several primers and combinations of primers but everyday come 3:00 I look like an oil soaked sponge.
I made a beeline to my MAC store and fell in love with their Face and Body Foundation. First of all for the less than the price of a decent bottle of foundation, I get 4 FULL ounces of foundation. I may not have to buy any for a year! Second, the coverage is light enough to let my skin show through but buildable enough so I can cover up any imperfections. And third, it is breathable on my skin. I have instanlty noticed my skin "calming down."
The product has a waxy finish which means it won't transfer or move. I have found the best setting powder for this is the Mineralize Skin Finish Natural. I tried the Prep and Prime Setting powder and didn't think to highly of the result.
The only downfall is the shade selection. It come in C1-C7 and N1-N7. No NW or NC. And another downfall; according to my MUA, it is being DC'ed. If this product appeals to any of you I would make your way to you MAC counter before it is too late.
Best for- Oily, Combo skin in search of a breathable light to medium coverage.
Wouldn't recommend for- Dry skin. Water based foundation could leave your skin flaky.

1 comment:

  1. Good review. I've never tried this foundation, but may have to see look into getting some. My skin is super oily in the summer, so sounds like this would work for me.

    ReplyDelete