Your Nav Bar Here

Friday, February 3, 2012

Getting Gorgeous- Make Up For Ever HD Foundation Review

So many people swear by MUFE HD Foundation.  I have tried to love this foundation many times, but each time my thoughts are the same.  HD is supposed to give you an invisible coverage, in turn giving you the effect of an airbrushed canvas.  However, I find that effect is short lived.

MUFE states that it is medium to full coverage and optimal for HD lenses.  I will agree that the formula is catered to HD lenses as it helps camouflage the 'makeup' look on cameras.  I will disagree with the statement that this is a medium-full foundation.  I found this to be light, to medium light, unless I spent the time to build the product up. 

I loved the appearance at first, however the foundation did not last long and needed touching up before noon.  Even after a second layer of powder, the foundation would not stay set and began to slide around my face (I have normal/combo skin).  I really want to love this product.  I love how I look when leave the house, but not when I get home.


LIKES
- Looks amazing under HD lenses.
- Ample color selection
- Slow drying time allows for optimal blending.
- Buildable without feeling caked on or uneven.
- Great choice for bridal work.
- Works well on drier skin types.

DISLIKES
- Wear time.  I got around 4-6 hours of wear.
- Slides around the face too much.
- The finish is too dewey for my liking.


Price: $40

Where to buy?
www.sephora.com

VERDICT

Excellent foundation for photo shoots or on-camera work. I wouldn't recommend this for all-day wear if you have normal to oily skin.  The higher price tag makes this an unjustified occasional foundation for me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment