Your Nav Bar Here

Sunday, May 6, 2012

30 Day Blog Challenge- Day 6

Favorite Alcoholic Drink.

I would be lying if I said I am a connoisseur of fine adult beverages.  In fact, I am pretty sure I haven't sampled many of the much talked about delicious drinks most 20-somethings rave about.  I was 27 when I had my first Jell-O shot.  27.  That was 6 months ago.  I am NOT a goody-two-shoes, I just never knew how to make jell-o. 

I remember watching one of my favorite TV shows, Sex and the City- here it is again-, and lusting after the seemingly chic pink drinks they had in their hands.  Cosmo sounded so trendy, so adult, I could not wait to try one.  And when i was 19 21, I did.  And I wanted to vomit.  I love cranberry juice, I liked vodka enough, so why did they not go together?!?!?!  So back to the keg-stands and 40's of cheap beer I went.

Then I turned 25.  And my sister made me the BEST drink I ever had.  It was pink, tart, sweet, smooth, and delicious.  It was a cosmopolitan.  But not just any cosmo, MY cosmo.  So why the change in heart?  It was 75% cranberry juice. 

So, moral?  I like cranberry juice, with a splash of vodka and a twist of lime.   Lightweight.

0 comments:

Post a Comment