Your Nav Bar Here

Thursday, May 10, 2012

30 Day Blog Challenge- Day 8

Your Dream Job.

If anyone had asked me this question 10 years ago, and I am pretty sure they did, I would have said an opera singer.  FAMOUS opera singer.  I was in school studying vocal performance- yes that is a real major- and very much in love with a dream.  As my eyes opened during my collegiate days, I learned the harsh truths about the music and opera industry.  Much like high school, the "business" is very clique-ish and there is so much back-stabbing and false hopes that it knocks you off your feet.  Luckily I realized this before spending tens of thousands of dollars on arts programs not included with my tuition. 

I would love to be a famous classic rock singer.  But it is 2012, not 1962.  I am 50 years too late.

Today the thing that drives me is fashion.  But more than that I love shopping.  Not purchasing.  I like to browse, contemplate, imagine, and visualize the endless possibilities that could come with a pair of pants, or skirt, or LBD.  When my other half changed roles where we both work, it was necessary for him to purchase almost a whole closet full of new clothes.  I had so much fun.  I knew where to pull items from and without much thought, what style to go for.  He liked everything (he is a guy so that means he grunted twice), but the real compliment came when his co-workers (some of them very stylish women) complimented him on how sharp he looked. 

I think being a fashion buyer, celebrity stylist, or similar would have to rank near the top. 

Odd, all of my friends would have said make-up artist.

0 comments:

Post a Comment