Your Nav Bar Here

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

30 Day Blog Challenge- Day 7

The movie you could watch over and over again.

Why do I have to pick just one?!!? No fair!

I am going with my gut on this one.  Another cliche... Pretty Woman.  Don't shut your browser down, hear me out.  It isn't so much the love story or the unrealistic rags to riches story... oh no.  It is the shopping scene.  And the way Richard Gere says the word obscene.  Oh to spend 'obscene' amounts of money on Rodeo Dr.  And the clothes aren't terrible.  Yes there is some pretty horrendous 80's fashions that are shown-Hello shoulder pads!- but the brown polka dot dress and the black lace cocktail dress I would wear today.  With different hair.

I know there is a lot of mixed opinions on Julia Roberts.  Some people say she is the most beautiful woman in the world (although People Magazine says that title currently goes to Beyonce), and some people go the other extreme and say she looks like a horse.  Nope, pretty sure she looks like a woman. What I have always obsessed over loved about her is how natural she is.  Sure, she has dyed her hair and put on makeup, but nothing looks too over the top or like she is trying too hard (i am talking to you Elizabeth Banks).  Effortless. 

I never get through the whole movie though.  I usually turn it off before he pops his head out of the limo with a rose... Not that I dislike the ending, I just don't want the fantasy to end.

0 comments:

Post a Comment